VSCO

Hello beautiful people!

Image result for vsco     You know when your friends tell you not to change for anyone because you are perfect the way you are? Well, they are right, you shouldn't change for anyone, or...an app. I know it sounds ridiculous but everybody knows or at least should know the app VSCO. It's a picture editing app that allows you to share and post pictures without the likes or following count. It was founded in Oakland, California in 2011 by Joel Flory and Greg Lutze and, its having everyone throw out their regular hair ties for scrunchies. Although it is an app most people know it as a person. Well, more like a stereotype. Most know it as a VSCO girl. That's right. They turned a whole app into a stereotype. A VSCO girl, defined by the urban dictionary is a person who...

"Wears oversized t-shirts or sweatshirt with Nike shorts. Has Vans, Crocs, Birk's, and wears a shell necklace. She also wears tube tops and Jean shorts. She always has a hydroflask. She can't leave home without a scrunchie and her favorite car is a jeep."

Wow.

No offense to VSCO girls. I have total respect for you. I mean who else would have the guts to walk out of the house looking like they don't have pants on. If I even tried, my mother would snatch me in my tracks and slap some pants on me.

Related imageWhen most people think of the term VSCO girl they think of the scrunchies, over-sized sweatshirts, and huge water bottles but I think of it as a 2019 version of Starbucks and UGGs. Starbucks and UGGs come from a huge wave of women in 2014 and 2015 who would always have Starbucks and always wear UGGs.

Never just one. They always had both.

During that time the word "basic" was being thrown around. Just like "basic", you hear "sksksksk" and, "and I oop", around every freakin' corner. At least with "basic" its an actual word. What the actual heck is a "sksksksk". You cannot pay me a million dollars to explain that to someone. Matter of fact, I'd rather try to back flip on a pogo stick one-handed underwater blindfolded surrounded by sharks than to explain "sksksksk".

Back then there was Vine. What do we have now? Tik Tok. It's basically the same thing but with our generation.

OMGGG Kennedy, it's not the SAME! Starbucks is a drink and a hydroflasks is a water bottle AND Tik Tok is totally different from Vine!!

Listen to yourself. Listen very slowly.

It's the same thing.

Our generation has totally made another basic Starbucks drinking, UGG boots wearing stereotype. Honestly, I can't even believe we did it. I mean if we can create a whole stereotype on accident then we could probably fix climate change on accident too. And I know someone is thinking...

Image result for save the turtles vscoSAVE THE TURTLES 

I can't even go on VSCO anymore. It completely changed. I can't appreciate a picture without noticing someone's shell necklace or crocs. People on VSCO are mad too. They're always like...

"Re-post if you were here before the VSCO girls came"
Or
"Share if you were here before VSCO became famous"
Or
"Screenshot if you were apart of VSCO before it got destroyed"

First of all, VSCO is not destroyed. It was just taken over by a bunch of  scrunchie lovin' 13-year-old girls who somehow manage to fit a huge 5-pound water bottle in their Fjallraven backpacks. Although VSCO has changed and has weirdly changed people it is still a great app. I hope this doesn't stop anyone from using it. The only thing I hope this post does do is stop the use of "sksksksk"....forever.

                                                                                                 Until next time,
                                                                                                                   Krazzi

Follow me on VSCO
@kraziikennedy

Information/Pictures used
VSCO wesite
VSCO girl definition
VSCO picture
VSCO girl collage
Save the turtles meme

Comments

  1. Haha, love it! I agree, what even IS "sksksk"? Like, umm...? Are you choking? Do you have water up your nose? What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If I even tried, my mother would snatch me in my tracks and slap some pants on me." GIRL ME TOO. Hilarious post!! Let's start the movement to stop sksksks forever and accidentally fix climate change too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, finally someone I could relate to. I completely get what your coming from that we are just repeating things from our other generation. I really love your blog, I can't wait for your next post!.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment